Monday, February 11, 2013

Heroes Turn on the Romantic Charm by Laura Kaye


Someone who writes Love like Laura Kaye is a treasure beyond rubies,  I love the sincerity of her writing,



 Welcome LAURA KAYE!

   I’m so excited to participate in the Fools for Luv Valentine’s event! To celebrate this event based around a celebration of romance, I thought I’d pick out a few of the instances when my heroes have really turned on the romantic charm, along with a brief excerpt to illustrate it. Here we go:

Picnic Scene, West of Want, hero Zephyros Martius.
Zeph sat reclined on the blanket, braced against his arms, watching her. His eyes were as  bright as she’d ever seen them, so alive with that magical light.
 “You overwhelm me.” He shrugged and looked up at the brilliant pink blossoms above them. “It’s hard to restrain myself when I’m with you. This time, I didn’t bother to try.”








Marco’s Surprise Scene, Her Forbidden Hero, hero Marco Vieri.
As Marco hit the second chorus, Alyssa’s legs finally acted on the command to move and she walked down the tiered entranceway to the wide aisle that ran down the middle of the venue parallel to the stage. She made it partway across when a spotlight fell on her. She froze as everyone turned, but then Marco’s gaze found her, too. And the love shining out of his gorgeous eyes beckoned her to come to him.

People reached out and shook her hand or called out enthusiastic cheers as she passed, but all she could really focus on was Marco. He missed a few notes and sang half a verse a cappella with his left arm resting in his lap. But what he’d done for her was completely, utterly perfect.


Flying Scene, North of Need, hero Owen Winters.
Before she could, she ceased to be corporeal.

Owen! she screamed in her mind.

I’m here angel, and I’ve got you. Just feel. Take it all in.

I’m scared. Though she was no more than consciousness adrift, she would’ve sworn she felt his lips and hands caress her. The impossible sensation squelched the fear, left only a mystical thrill in its place.

I would never let anything happen to you, Megan. On my honor. On my life.

I believe you. What’s happening? The world glided under her, around her, like she was a bird soaring
on the ebbs and flows of air currents.

We are the wind.

Reunion Scene, Forever Freed, hero Lucien Demarco.
“Thank you, Sam, thank God. Your acceptance of me…it eases the burden I have carried for the sin of what I am. Your love has helped me forgive myself. And that is a gift, Samantha, a priceless gift, this feeling of absolution. I have been searching for it my whole life.”







Reunion Scene, North of Need, hero Owen Winters.
“You’re pregnant,” he whispered, awe stealing his voice.

“Yes.”

He pressed a hand against her belly, held it there. “I feel him within you.” My child. My son. Our son.

Megan grinned. “Yeah?”

He nodded. “Gods, Megan. I’m to be a father?”

“Yes.” Her breathing hitched.

“And you…you are the mother of my child.”

“Yeah,” she whispered. “Is all this okay?”

Okay? Owen’s head reeled at how miraculous, how momentous, this news truly was. “Second to you
saying you love me, it’s the most incredible thing I’ve ever heard.” His chest expanded and eyes
stung with the force of his emotion. “Oh, however was I fortunate enough to find you?”

Santa Reveal Scene, One Night with a Hero, hero Brady Scott.
He nodded and focused his whole heart on her. It was easy. She owned it completely. “You have given me things I never thought I could have. Taught me things about myself I didn’t think I could learn. And made me happier than I ever thought I could be. You ease me, and I don’t want to spend another minute without you by my side. Joss Daniels, would you do me the greatest honor of my life
and become my wife?”




So, how’d they do? 
Did you have a favorite romantic moment from among these?

One commenter will receive a signed print book of any of the titles featured in this post! Open to international! 
Good luck!
BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE RAFFLE COPTER.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

About Laura Kaye:




Laura is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of nearly a dozen books in contemporary
and paranormal romance. Growing up, Laura’s large extended family believed in the supernatural, and
family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses cemented in Laura a life-long fascination with
storytelling and all things paranormal. She lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-
but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.