Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love and a Little Plaid Skirt from Tara Sivec


A reader first introduced me to Tara, and the first book I read had me falling out of my chair with laughter. She is witty, ascerbic and very, very  naughty.  Her characters say the things we would like to say but don't.

Happy Valentine's Day.  I love you all, now click through to read this!



People are always surprised when I tell them the story about how my husband and I met. It was a dark and stormy night…just kidding. It was a bright, sunshiny day when we were twelve. Yep, you read that right. We were twelve years old when we met. We lived less than a mile from each other but he went to public school and I went to private Catholic school. Some moron decided that in sixth grade, the sweet, innocent (ha ha ha ha ha!) Catholic school kids should start riding the public school bus to cut down on gas costs. Really? Have you ever been a Catholic school girl, in a plaid skirt and knee-high socks, surrounded by foul-mouthed little boys? Yeah, me too. At school every day. It wasn’t an all-girl’s school so I was used to the idiocy of boys. But these were PUBLIC SCHOOL BOYS. They got to wear jeans to school. Jeans and tennis shoes and NOT plaid skirts. Oh GOD the pressure!

The first boy I saw on the bus that day was my husband. The first boy who made fun of my plaid skirt, oxford shoes and white button down blouse was my husband. The thirty-five year old man who only wishes I would put that plaid skirt back on is my husband.

It wasn’t love at first sight. Okay, it probably was. I had a HUGE crush on him and he wouldn’t leave me alone. Eventually, my Catholic school career came to an end and I found myself as a freshmen at his high school. I was “going steady” with someone from my old school (Yes, I said going steady. I’m old, that’s what we called it! At least I didn’t say he pinned me or something. That came later. BOOYAH!). Even though I was dating someone else, I still only had eyes for the boy who made fun of my uniform. He was dreamy. (Old, remember? Shut up.) For the first year and a half of high school we flirted, passed notes and pined for each other.

Did I just say pined? Jesus, I said old, not ancient. Someone get me some Justin Bieber music and something skimpy to wear, STAT!

Anyway, back to my boring story. In tenth grade, my boyfriend broke my poor heart. After two days of eating my weight in mint chocolate chip ice cream and watching “Beaches” over and over, I remembered how awesome I was and how no stupid boy was worth that crap.

Well, except for one. There should only be one boy worth all the crap. One boy who after twenty years still gives you butterflies and makes your toes curl. I found that boy when I was twelve and on our first date three years later we went to Burger King and saw “Groundhog Day” in the theater. He held my hand and I was mad he didn’t try to kiss me. He held my hand and I was mad he didn’t try to kiss me. He held my…”Groundhog Day”, get it? No? Shut up.

He still buys me flowers “just because” and he deals with me sitting at the dinner table in a comatose state because I’m in the middle of writing hell and forgot how to spell my name or wake up in the middle of the night screaming “I NEED ANOTHER WORD FOR THRUST!”.

Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! May your day be filled with romance, love and good books. (Preferably the Chocolate Lovers series, available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.)



Tara is the author of Three of the funniest sexy books around pictured at left. And her new, romantic Suspense BEAUTIFUL LIE.

Find Tara


at http://tarasivec.com
on twitter at @TaraSivec
at FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/TaraSivec.authorpage


TARA SIVEC AT AMAZON!

BARNES AND NOBLE

SMASHWORDS

GIVEAWAY!


Tara is Offering a Signed copy of winner's choice of one of the three books in the Choclate Lovers Series: SEDUCTION AND SWEETS, FUTURES AND FROSTING, OR TROUBLES AND TREAT and some Swag Bookmarks and Postcards!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Taras Next Book! Book 2 of the Playing with Fire Series (Title "Because of You") has a tentative release date of mid March!

And, she'll be appearing at

 photo BAEpromo-300x194_zpse02a7a3c.jpg
Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

  1. I do believe in love at first sight. Happened for me. ;)

    Froggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What a great story! I do believe in love at first sight and I think those who experience it are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also met my husband in high school. He was my senior prom date. We went to college together and were married 4 years later. You should have seen our knit polyester collates plaid skirt uniforms we had in high school. I shudder just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Froggy - That's so sweet!
    Jessica, Thanks for commenting!
    Liz S. Funny how Tara wrote this when I had come up with her header way before!
    Plaid skirts were the little girls night mare and are the stuff of fantasy for guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely, it happened on me
    thanks for the chance to win :)

    sunshine_pinkystar(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story... I married my high school sweetheart too... He used to tell me to stop "dating zeros and get with a hero" corney i know but i love my crazy husband... I didn't wear a plaid skirt lol but i did wear a cheerleading skirt lol.. He was a year older than me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olivia - that's nice and Jeanette - A cheerleading skirt and a plaid skirt both rank up there on the schoolboy fantasy list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't found my true love yet; but I believe he will show up some day!
    Great post!
    Thank you for the chance to win! I agree the cheerleading or plaid skirt are both great "play" outfits!
    Happy V Day!
    bluebirdsub24 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get to interview a lot of guys for the job then! ;-)
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  9. I do believe in love at first sight. I think it can happen but you also have to like their personality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm another believer in love at first sight, since that's what happened with my and my hubs. We were a lot older, but the feelings are the same no matter what age you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen and Mary thanks for sharing your stories, and to everyone else who did as well!

    ReplyDelete

Fools for Luv is not active outside of the Valentine's Season. Please contact us at steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com or readaholicsanonymous@gmail.com so we may direct your comment to the correct author. Thanks.